If you want to make a difference, start by fully understanding how your government works. Informed citizens are change makers!
Cadettes are encouraged to learn about how local and federal government works so they can be prepared to make change on the issues they care about. Girls can choose from activities such as investigating a Supreme Court case, exploring an election, learning the steps of how a bill becomes a law, and writing a letter to a representative about an issue they care about.
1. Find out about local government
2. Find out about state government
3. Find out about the federal legislative branch
4. Find out about the federal executive branch
5. Find out about the federal judicial branch
When you've earned this badge, you will have learned new things about your government – how each branch works, how they work together, and how each piece makes a difference in society.