Find out how the efforts of locavores—people who are committed to eating locally grown, seasonal foods—can be an important and delicious part of healthful eating.
1. Explore the benefits and challenges of going local
2. Find your local food sources
3. Cook a simple dish showcasing local ingredients
4. Make a recipe with local ingredients
5. Try a local cooking challenge
When you’ve earned this badge, you’ll know how to prepare a meal of seasonal and locally grown dishes.
Iron-on. Twill with embroidery. Polyester. Made in USA.
Girl Scout badges, awards, and other insignia that are earned for the accomplishment of skill building activities or any set requirements should be presented, worn, or displayed only after Girl Scouts have completed the requirements outlined in the appropriate program materials.