Get in gear and explore how automotive engineers build vehicles. Then, engineer your own model of a vehicle to help people during an emergency!
Brownies explore how automotive engineers build vehicles to meet a given set of
criteria. They engineer a vehicle for an emergency situation, collaborating with others as they use the Design Thinking process to build a prototype. They also learn how simple machines are combined to make a vehicle and look at the importance of vehicle safety.
1. Learn about simple machines in vehicles
2. Engineer a vehicle for safety based on criteria
3. Build a vehicle prototype
4. Test and revise your vehicle prototype
5. Share your vehicle prototype and testing results
When you've earned this badge, you'll know how automotive engineers plan, build, test, and improve vehicles.